The Historic Highland Park
Neighborhood Council is scheduled to hold its monthly board meeting on Thursday from
7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Highland Park Adult Senior Citizen Center, located
at 6152 N. Figueroa St.
The meeting is open to the public, and Highland Park residents are particularly encouraged to attend. Here are the highlights of the meeting’s agenda:
• Presentation from ELA RCA – H. Huezo.
• Discussion and possible action on creating an ad-hoc committee to finalize and track the full implementation of the camera system approved by the HHPNC in 2012. – H. Huezo.
• Discussion and possible action to reinstate
Gloria Castro as an At Large Director of the HHPNC. – H. Slater.
• Discussion and possible action to reinstate Alheli Hernandez to the HHPNC. – A. Salcido.
• Motion to participate and co-sponsor the Northeast Los Angeles Health and Community Fair on Oct. 19 at Burbank Middle School, hosted by Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez. – M. Alcaraz.
• Motion to support and promote the Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council's Town Hall on Education scheduled on Oct. 15 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Eagle Rock High School. – M. Alcaraz.
• Motion to submit CIS, letter of support for Olivia Rubio, Department of Neighborhood Commissioners appointee, CF# 13-1187 – H. Huezo.
• Discussion and possible action: Provide $100 to Outreach to purchase Halloween candy so that the HHPNC can have a presence at October community activities in Highland Park. – T.Bonsell, J. Potter.
• Motion to partner with the office of Councilmember Gil Cedillo on neighborhood cleanup event on Oct. 19. – M. Alcaraz.