When the meets on Thursday evening, board members spend the bulk of the lengthy agenda discussing how to distribute their limited budget.
The HHPNC--which has approximately $40,000 to spend in their 2011/2012 budget--will be considering $13,500 in requests during Thursday evening's meeting.
Nearly $8,000 of those requests would be distributed in the form of neighborhood purposes grants. The requests include:
- $1,500 to support a community garden at
- $1,500 for a trip to the State House in Sacramento for students
- $1,500 to support the annual Lummis Day celebration.
- $1,500 to help cover the cost of the Memorial Day celebration.
- $300 to help pay for food for the Hathaway-Sycamores youth leadership camping trip and another $300 to pay for food for a leadership seminar.
- $300 to help pay for the 2011 Hathaway-Scyamores Veterans Day Parade
- $500 for a tutoring program at Luther Burbank Middle School
- $500 to support the Luther Burbank Middle School drill team
- $250 to support Luther Burbank Middle School's drum line
The HHPNC will also be considering $5,350 in outreach expenses, $4,000 of which would go toward buying eco-friendly promotional tote-bags and $1,000 that would help pay for the annual holiday party.
A full agenda can be downloaded from the box on the right.
Readers who can't attend Thursday's meeting can follow the discussions through our live chat, which we'll launch at 7 p.m. Highland Park-Mount Washington Patch will be providing live updates throughout the event. You can also submit your questions, which we'll be happy to answer, through our chat module.