The Education and Youth Committee of the Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council is scheduled to meet Thursday, starting at 6:30 p.m. at Antigua café, located at 3400 N. Figueroa St. in Cypress Park.
Here’s is the meeting’s agenda:
1. Welcome and Introductions: Randall Zorick, chair.
2. General Public Comment (10 minutes): The public may provide comments to the committee on non-agenda items within the Neighborhood Councils subject matter jurisdiction. However, please note that under the Brown Act, the committee is prevented from acting on the issue you bring to its attention until the matter is agendized for discussion at a future public meeting. (Limited to 2 minutes per speaker.)
3. Formation of board for Education and Youth Committee (10 minutes): Discussion and action regarding the formation of the Board for the Education and Youth Committee. Discuss possible alternate meeting place and time.
4. Formulate outreach plan (15 minutes): Discussion and action regarding future outreach endeavors, including, but not limited to, networking with local groups, Parent-Teacher Associations, Schools, and neighborhood committees.
5. Discuss committee's vision and long-term plan (15 minutes) Discussion and action regarding future plan, events, and methods to better help the youth and schools of our region utilizing our resources.
Editor's note: The board of the Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council will not be conducting its monthly meeting on Thursday, Jan. 2, because of the New Year holiday. The council, which usually meets on the first Thursday of every month at the Senior Citizens Center on 6152 N. Figueroa St., will instead meet on Thursday, Jan. 16, according to HHPNC Secretary Brandin Engersbach.