Northeast Los Angeles will strut its artistic stuff again this weekend with the return of Second Saturday Gallery night.
Galleries across Northeast Los Angeles' neighorhoods will be open from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m., either unveiling new exhibitions to the world or allowing curious art lovers to wander in and check out ongoing collections.
Always well represented on Gallery Night, Highland Park is offering an especially strong roster of openings this month, with seven new exhibits set to go on display at Ave. 50 Studio, Future Studio, Kristi Engle Gallery, Knowhow Shop, 2 Tracks Art Studio, and MorYork Gallery.
Here's a roundup of Gallery Night openings to be on the lookout for on Saturday.
- Avenue 50 Studio will be opening a pair of new exhibits on Saturday night. With Circulo Magico or Magical Circus, assemblage Artist Armando Arreola creates 14 miniature dioramas of circus scenes. Also opening is Love Vibes, through which Avenue 50 Studio has invited various single artists to submit artwork for their Annex Gallery Valentine Exhibition
- Future Studio opens an exhibit of clay sculptures created in the coil method by artist Stan Edmondson.
- Kristi Engle Gallery puts on display the final exhibit in their seven part series TBA: A Group Exhibition in Seven Parts. The multimedia series closes with the work of Bia Gayotto.
- Knowhow Shop explores the artistic side of high school woodshop safety posters with The Safety Shows. The co-op shop's owners have commissioned their friends in the art world to create satirical spin-offs of the posters and will be displaying them in their gallery on Saturday night.
- MorYork Gallery opens an exhibit of Amanda Knight's paintings on Saturday night.
- 2 Tracks Art Studio will host a live painting presentation by Artists Heriberto Luna, Nico Avina, Alfonso Aceves. There will also be a special guest appearance by Egyptian-American artist Khalid Hussein. Also featured will be spoken word artist Jesse Bliss.
- The Glass Studio's owner Cathi Milligan will be putting on a vitrigraph demonstration as well as giving a quick bead making class. There will also be some new creations on display by local artists.