There's one thing that I cannot do; stay indoors for too long. I need air, pavements, graffiti, hills, dogs behind gates and scenic streets. Here is a list of routes I take to unwind, burn calories and discover the "land" in Highland Park.
Route "San Rafael: Road to Self Realization"
- Start at Avenue 50 and San Rafael Avenue
- Take a right on Terrace 49
- Left on San Rafael Avenue, follow to
- Keep on San Rafael Avenue
- Follow to --visit the Garden inside
- Follow to Avenue 37 and turn back
Route "Aldama meets York"
- Start on Avenue 54 and Aldama Street
- Go east on Aldama Street
- Cross York Boulevard
- Left on Meridian Street
- Pass Avenue 51
- Left on Avenue 49
- Left on York Boulevard
- Right on Aldama Street
- Stop at Avenue 54
Route "Avenue 51 and Eagle Rock"
- Start on Avenue 51 and York Boulevard
- Go north on Avenue 51
- Merge toward Townsend Avenue
- Follow Townsend Townsend Avenue
- Turn left on Yosemite Drive
- Pass Maywood Avenue
- Stop at Eagle Rock Boulevard and turn back
Route "Peanut Lake"
- Start on Avenue 52 and North Figueroa Street
- Go south on Avenue 52
- Cross the Arroyo Seco Parkway and take a picture of the giant fireflies
- Follow Avenue 52 to Griffen Avenue
- Enter green gate for Audubon Center at Debs Park
- Follow path and choose any trail